“The thing that people, I think, don’t appreciate right now is that they are already a cyborg. You’re already a different creature than you would have been 20 years ago, or even 10 years ago. You can see this when they do surveys of like, ‘how long do you want to be away from your phone?’ and – particularly if you’re a teenager or in your 20s – even a day hurts. If you leave your phone behind, it’s like missing limb syndrome. I think people – they’re already kind of merged with their phone and their laptop and their applications and everything.“
So Neuralink would end up taking all the external devices that make us a cyborg, and put them straight into our brain.
Dan Brown said “Transhumanism is the ethics and science of using things like biological and genetic engineering to transform our bodies and make us a more powerful species”.
Human enhancement technologies (HET)
- Reproductive technology
- Human genetic engineering
- Strategies for Engineered Negligible Senescence
- 3D bioprinting
- Mind uploading, the hypothetical process of “transferring”/”uploading” or copying a conscious mind from a brain to a non-biological substrate by scanning and mapping a biological brain in detail and copying its state into a computer system or another computational device.
- Exocortex, a theoretical artificial external information processing system that would augment a brain’s biological high-level cognitive processes.
- Endogenous artificial nutrition, such as having a radioisotope generator that resynthesizes glucose (similarly to photosynthesis), amino acids and vitamins from their degradation products, theoretically availing for weeks without food if necessary.
何为人类的虚拟性【校对注：virtuality，马塞尔·普鲁斯特给出的定义是：真实但不存在，理想但不抽象（real but not actual, ideal but not abstract）】？博尔斯托夫认为，人们通过共识的符号体验虚拟生活，比如神和宗教。罗伯特·怀特（Robert Wright）在其著作《上帝的进化》（The Evolution of God）一书中，针对这一现象的发展提出过一种理论。他认为长期以来被当作权力工具的宗教，正被法律法典所替代。